Valentine’s Day and weekend are coming up, and some schools have also broken up for the February half-term break. At Blenheim Lodge, we are open as usual and have last minute late availability this month for a short or longer break as required. Why not take advantage of our B&B special offers?
Here are some of the special offers we are promoting at present. Representing discounts that are higher than what is available through our online booking facility, these fantastic rates are only available when booking directly with us at Blenheim Lodge by telephone or email.
- A free bottle of bubbly when booking any two nights during this period. (We require at least 3 days forward booking notice for this offer.)
- 10% discount off any 3 nights midweek booking. For example, pay £270 instead of £300 for a standard en-suite room with fabulous lake views, including breakfast and free country club access.
- 2010 rates for Valentine’s Day and weekend bookings, and 1-night bookings are acceptable for Valentine’s Day.
Blenheim Lodge has double, twin, triple and single bedrooms. Most guests who come to our B&B choose us for the peace and quiet our guest house enjoys at the top of a small hillock; easy walking proximity to the town centre of Bowness-on-Windermere and Lake Windermere and their amenities and attractions; the fantastic views that may be seen from all our guest rooms either of Lake Windermere and the mountains or of the woodlands behind our guest house; and for the fact that only a literal minute’s walk from our front door is The Dales Way footpath that leads to acres of lovely rural countryside and country paths and 3 viewpoints, 2 of which boast 360-degree views.
We do not have quadruple rooms at Blenheim Lodge, nor do we possess cots or highchairs. However, we do have 2 bedrooms adjacent to each other which make up one full wing of the house and which can sleep up to 6 people between them. Upstairs, on the second floor, we have a single room and a double room adjacent to each other, and taken together, a family of 3 people would have the whole second floor to themselves. On the ground floor, we have 2 double rooms, and families of 4 like these rooms because they are our cheapest rooms and flank a guest lounge into which they can easily spill. These 2 double rooms on the ground floor are a few paces apart and are the only 2 bedrooms on this floor.
I suppose it is not easy for families planning bed and breakfast holidays, as there are so many factors to consider. Perhaps we can help with this aspect here.
- Easy access to attractions: Blenheim Lodge is centrally located in the south central Lakes and there are easy road, bus and ferry routes to all parts of the Lake District from our guest house. For example, even the furthest outposts of the Lake District National Park are no more than 45 minutes’ distant.
- Local amenities: Blenheim Lodge is only a 5-minute walk from the town centre, which is full of good restaurants, pubs, cafes, and bistros, shops, services and entertainment facilities for visitors to this part of the Lake District. There is a cinema showing the latest films, a theatre, a games arcade by Lake Windermere, and cruises to enjoy on the Lake itself or to use as transport between the places of interest located on the Lake.
- Guest facilities: Blenheim Lodge offers on-site off road parking – always a bonus for moving luggage between a vehicle and a bedroom! We also offer FREE country club membership and fishing permits for a number of the local lakes. (first come first served as we have 2 of these). A comfortable guest lounge is available for guest use.
Blenheim Lodge is run and cared for by a family. It is a well-loved home, and we hope our guests will consider our B&B their home from home while they are staying with us. For guests looking for a quiet retreat or family getaway, Blenheim Lodge Guest House offers a clean, quiet, comfortable and friendly base for a happy stay.
Blenheim Lodge . . . panoramic Lake views, peace and tranquillity, nestled against acres of beautiful fields and woodlands, in the heart of the English Lake District National Park.’
Visit our website: www.blenheim-lodge.com
Telephone: 015394 43440